What Is A Car Color Change Paint Job?
A car color change is when a paint shop, like West Coast Body and Paint, paints your auto an entirely new color. This includes the exterior as well as the interior like the engine compartment, door jambs, trunk compartment, and other interior parts.
Why would you want to change the color of your car?
For example, you can opt for a completely different and/or new color for your car if you have gotten tired of the same old color of your car. Or you simply want an updated look for your car, this is not limited to only a different color but also a different finish, like flat matte or satin.
How is a car color change paint job done?
- Body Damage Repair. First the bodyman will repair any body damage to your car. The body of your car needs to be in great condition before we can apply any paint.
- Bondo. When necessary, bondo is applied to fill in the holes, gaps, and deep scratches on your car.
- Sanding. Once the body of your car is damage free we sand off the existing paint. After the sanding process, the paint technician is ready to move your car to the paint booth.
- Primer. Think of the primer as the foundation for paint.
- Sealer. This helps paint establish a strong hold.
- Paint. This is when we apply the new color to your car.
- Clear Coat. The top coat seals everything in and gives your color shine.
*Don’t forget to notify the DMV of the new color of your car.
Where can you find a car color change paint shop?
At West Coast Body and Paint! We have plenty of experience on everyday vehicles as well as on classics. Come to our shop for a free car color change estimate, give us a call 818.785.2639 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Located in Van Nuys, we serve the San Fernando Valley and the Los Angeles area.