What Is A Professional Car Color Change Paint Job?
A car color change is when a quality paint shop, like West Coast Body and Paint, paints your auto an entirely new color. This includes the exterior as well as the interior like the engine compartment, door jambs, trunk compartment, and other interior parts.
Why would you want to change the color of your car?
For example, you can opt for a completely different and/or new color for your car if you have gotten tired of the same old color of your car. Or you simply want an updated look for your car, this is not limited to only a different color but also a different finish, like flat matte or satin.
How is a quality car color change paint job done?
The Professional Paint Process
- Body Damage Repair. First the leading bodyman will repair any body damage to your car. The body of your car needs to be in great condition before we can apply any paint.
- Bondo. When necessary, bondo is applied to fill in the holes, gaps, and deep scratches on your car.
- Sanding. Once the body of your car is damage free we sand off the existing paint. After the sanding process, the paint technician is ready to move your car to the paint booth.
- Primer. Think of the primer as the foundation for paint.
- Sealer. This helps paint establish a strong hold.
- Paint. This is when we apply the new color to your car.
- Clear Coat. The top coat seals everything in and gives your color shine.
*Don’t forget to notify the DMV of the new color of your car.
How much does it cost to professionally change the color of your car?
Well, that depends, on several reasons, first we at West Coast Body and Paint are not a one-day shop, we are a professional paint shop. We guarantee our work, from start to finish we do the job right and the quality reflects this. If you are still wondering about one-day shops, read here.
Factors we consider before we reach an estimate are:
- Condition of your car (does it need any body work, does it have dents or scratches)
- Paint color you desire (some colors are more expensive than others)
- Paint quality you choose
- Size of your vehicle
Another reason why this option is more than let’s say, a traditional same color complete paint job is because it requires more work, paint, and materials. When we change the entire color of a car, this includes the door jambs, what we consider the “interior” of the vehicle. This is the area you see when you open your trunk, doors, or hood, those areas also need to be painted. In order for us to do that, our technicians need to be disassembled the car in order to get it done correctly. This means more labor hours, paint, and materials. All said and done, all these steps ensure a top-quality paint job.
“Jaider is a super knowledgeable car guy and as genuine as it gets. I needed to have a fender re-painted and have the fender/headlight re-aligned. (I do most of my car work myself and I’m not perfect haha so I needed some help there). Not only did the paint look absolutely amazing, but the headlight fit snug. Also, the paint was nearly perfectly matched and this color is discontinued!
Rarely do I trust people to work on my car, I trust Jaider and his team. Great quality work, honest people, you can’t go wrong.”
–Henry H., 2020
Where can you find a top-notch car color change paint shop in Van Nuys or the Los Angeles area?
At West Coast Body and Paint! We have plenty of experience on everyday vehicles as well as on classics. Come to our five-star shop for a free car color change estimate, give us a call 818.785.2639, text 818.793.7728, or email us at email@example.com. Located in Van Nuys, we serve the San Fernando Valley and the Los Angeles area.