What does it mean to get the best results from an auto body shop?
The best result means, saving you time, money, and having your car looking its best. Of course working with any professional auto body shop pretty much guarantees your experience will be well but there is so much you can do as the client to make the experience run even better! How? You ask. Well here are a few steps to get you started and get your car looking like new after an auto accident.
BEFORE GOING TO THE AUTO BODY SHOP
If you need a car rental or tow don’t forget to ask for a car rental and tow if it is in your policy. Get a reservation number for the car rental. Your insurance company will try to suggest an auto body shop but remember their priority is to save themselves money not for the best results. So make sure to pick your auto body shop before calling them. Let them know what auto body shop will have your car so they can send an appraiser. They will make their suggestions but remember, it’s your choice.
- File the Claim. Make sure you call your insurance company and file a claim as soon as you can. This will get the repairs process rolling quickly.
- Document. Don’t forget to write down your claim number, adjuster’s name, and phone number.
- Call and Confirm. Call your auto body shop, let them know your car is own it’s way or if you need towing. This gives the shop a heads up so they can expect you and take care of you promptly.
ONCE AT THE AUTO BODY SHOP
Your insurance company will send out their appraiser to look at your car and provide the body shop with an estimate of repairs. If they missed any repairs, the shop will bring it to their attention and request a supplement. The auto body shop will keep you posted on the status and results of your vehicle, and will call you when it’s ready for pick up.
- Arrive as Agreed. Try to arrive when you agreed to or when the shop opens, this gives the shop enough time to get started on your car, order parts, and delegate repairs for your vehicle.
- Provide Your Information. Give the shop your information, that way they can get a hold of you in case they have any questions and to update you on the status of your car.
- Provide Your Insurance Company’s Information. Let the shop know your claim number, adjuster’s name, and number. The shop will deal directly with your insurance company, so you don’t have to.
AFTER THE REPAIRS ARE COMPLETED. THE RESULTS!
- Inspect Your Car. Discuss with the shop what was repaired and/or replaced. If you notice something wrong let the shop know, many times it’s a quick fix.
- Test Drive. (Optional) If you want to, test-drive the car to be sure that the job has been done right and you are satisfied with the results.
- Pay Your Deductible. Once you are satisfied and are ready to take your car home, pay the balance, this includes your deductible.
That’s it! Not so hard, right?
At West Coast Body and Paint your satisfaction is our priority! We strive to make the auto accident repairs process as seamless and pain free for our clients as possible. Of course each accident, car, and client is different that is why we pride ourselves in being a family run-business and not a cookie cutter body shop.