What are the best results you can get from working with a professional auto body shop?
When you are working with a professional quality shop, you should always expect the best results, meaning, they save you time, money, and your car looks its best.
Of course, when you’re working with a professional auto body shop, it pretty much guarantees your experience will be well. But just well is not enough, there is so much you can do, as the client, to make the experience be its best! How? Well, here are a few steps to help you get started on the right foot and your car looking like new, after any auto accident.
BEFORE GOING TO THE AUTO BODY SHOP
If you need a car rental or tow don’t forget to ask for a car rental and tow if it is in your policy. Get a reservation number for the car rental. Your insurance company will try to suggest an auto body shop but remember their priority is to save themselves money not for the best results. So make sure to pick your auto body shop before calling them. Let them know what auto body shop will have your car so they can send an appraiser. They will make their suggestions but remember, it’s your choice.
- File the Claim. Make sure you call your insurance company and file a claim as soon as you can. This will get the repairs process rolling quickly.
- Document. Don’t forget to write down your claim number, adjuster’s name, and phone number.
- Call and Confirm. Call your auto body shop, let them know your car is own it’s way or if you need towing. This gives the shop a heads up so they can expect you and take care of you promptly.
ONCE AT THE AUTO BODY SHOP
Your insurance company will send out their appraiser to look at your car and provide the body shop with an estimate of repairs. If they missed any repairs, the shop will bring it to their attention and request a supplement. The auto body shop will keep you posted on the status and results of your vehicle, and will call you when it’s ready for pick up.
- Arrive as Agreed. Try to arrive when you agreed to or when the shop opens, this gives the shop enough time to get started on your car, order parts, and delegate repairs for your vehicle.
- Provide Your Information. Give the shop your information, that way they can get a hold of you in case they have any questions and to update you on the status of your car.
- Provide Your Insurance Company’s Information. Let the shop know your claim number, adjuster’s name, and number. The shop will deal directly with your insurance company, so you don’t have to.
AFTER THE REPAIRS ARE COMPLETED. THE RESULTS!
- Inspect Your Car. Discuss with the shop what was repaired and/or replaced. If you notice something wrong let the shop know, many times it’s a quick fix.
- Test Drive. (Optional) If you want to, test-drive the car to be sure that the job has been done right and you are satisfied with the results.
- Pay Your Deductible. Once you are satisfied and are ready to take your car home, pay the balance, this includes your deductible.
That’s it! Not so hard, right?
At West Coast Body and Paint your satisfaction is our priority! We strive to make the auto accident repairs process as seamless and pain free for our clients as possible. Of course each accident, car, and client is different that is why we pride ourselves in being a family run-business and not a cookie cutter body shop.
“Great service, great people, and fair price! I had a great experience working with Jaider and the team. I had some touch up work done on my car and he really wanted it make sure that I was happy with the end result. Overall they did a wonderful job and I’ll be back for any future auto body work needs! Thank you West Coast Body Shop!”
-Samuel W., Los Angeles, CA, 6/6/2019
As of Monday, November 15th, 2021 we are NOT accepting any new work or estimate appointment requests, because…
WE ARE MOVING! Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would like to know our new location, please fill out the form below and we will notify you once we settle in and are ready to accept work.
Are looking for an expert auto body shop in the Van Nuys or Los Angeles area?
Look no further! West Coast Body and Paint is one of Van Nuys, Ca best body shop. We work on all car makes and models, foreign and domestic. Our body shop services include collision repair, insurance claims, auto body work, custom paint, body kit installation, muscle car and car restorations. Check out our gallery and read our reviews.
West Coast Body and Paint has been family-owned and has been one of the best in the business since 2007. We have worked with all car insurance companies and when you bring your car to us, we treat it as if it were our very own vehicle. We guarantee our work and keep you in the loop with the repairs.
Call or text me 818.793.7728 to schedule an appointment for a free estimate. You can always follow us on social media @westcoastbodyandpaint #wcbpshop.
-Jaider A. West Coast Body and Paint, Owner
Ourestimates are always free and you are welcome to come by our shop anytime or make an appointment. We know that many clients like the convenience of sending pictures of their car and request an estimate; but, in reality an estimate by this means is not really reliable. Why? Because the estimate will either be too high or too low. In order to assess the damage and give an estimate, a car needs to be seen by a professional and in person. This insures that the estimate is as accurate as possible, not too high or too low. For more information click here.
If you are not able to come by our shop during normal working hours, you can give us a call or send us an email, and make an appointment when you can come, in most cases we are able to accommodate our clients.