An auto body shop car repair estimate is a document similar to a receipt. The estimate contains all your vehicle’s information pertinent for the repair of its damages.
What is a body shop car repair estimate?
The professional body shop car repair estimate contains information on:
- Auto body repair shop’s name, address, phone numbers, email, website, repairs estimate number, date, and name of person who prepares the quote.
- Your Name, email, address, phone number, etc.
- Car’s make, model, year, body type, mileage, paint code, license plate number, and VIN (vehicle identification number) etc.
- Car insurance company’s name, phone number, adjuster’s name, claim number, etc.
- Description of the damage, cost of parts which need to be repaired or replaced.
- Labor type (auto body/paint, frame, structural, aluminum, mechanical, electrical, etc), hours and rate.
- Fees for additional services like detailing, towing, storage, EPA, waste disposal, taxes, etc, and grand total.
At the bottom of the car repair estimate you sign the form authorizing the repair. Which usually contains:
- Your authorization for auto body repair and paint.
- Payment arrangements.
- Release of liability, for lost or stolen personal items left in the vehicle.
- No guarantees for used and aftermarket parts.
- Storage arrangements and fees.
Need a Body Shop Car Repair Estimate?
Seems like on a daily basis our auto body shop receives numerous emails, phone calls, texts, messages through facebook, google, instagram, and yelp requesting a body shop car repair estimate. When it comes to a body shop estimate, we always recommend that you bring your car to our body shop so that we may asses the damage correctly.
A professional auto body shop rarely will give you with an accurate auto body shop car repair estimate over the phone, email, text, etc. Because without seeing your vehicle in person, even if you provide pictures, what usually happens is that the quote will be either too low or too high.
Why We Recommended You Get A Body Shop Car Repair Estimate In Person At An Auto Body Shop?
Because it is difficult to tell the exact condition of your car without actually seeing it in person.
A professional auto body shop needs to see and even feel the outside as well as the inside of your car. Many auto body shops who give you a body shop car repair estimate, without seeing your car, quote you too low. Unprofessional auto body shop low-ball the estimate to obtain your business, but once they have your vehicle in their shop (and work has begun), they will return to you with a “revised bill”, of course a higher one than the original quote. Or after the auto body and paint work is complete, you’ll get sticker shock from the additional expenses not included in the original body shop estimate.
In order for you to get an accurate estimate, as a professional auto body repair and paint shop, we advise you to take your car to the auto body shop. This ensures that your vehicle’s damage will be assessed correctly and that you won’t get a surprise in the end when you receive the final bill.
How Our Auto Body Shop Determines a Body Shop Car Repair Estimate?
First we examine your entire car like the:
- Extent of external damage
- Extent of internal damage
- Paint condition (rust, chip, fade, etc)
- Mechanical repair required
- Repaired or replaced parts needed
- Body panels which need to be repaired or replaced
- Alignment and frame (structural) work required
- Electrical work required
- Metal and aluminum work required
Finally, we give you our auto body shop car repair estimate after considering all the damages. At our auto body shop we will talk to you. We will keep you posted if we find any surprises -because sometimes it happens after vehicles are examined in more detail or when parts are removed.
“My 1995 Toyota had damage all around, and extensive paint damage due to weather exposure. Also, both front and back bumpers were falling apart. Mr. Jaider and his team did an amazing job in transforming my old car into a show case vehicle, which looks better than when I first purchased it. Thank you, Mr. Jaider and your team for an AWESOME job! The results are beyond my expectations, and deserves 10 Stars!”
-Juana C., 2020
Are looking for an honest collision repair shop in the Van Nuys or Los Angeles area?
Look no further! Come by our auto body shop anytime we are open if you need of a car repair estimate. Get in touch with any questions. West Coast Body and Paint is one of Van Nuys, Ca expert collision shops. We work on all car makes and models, foreign and domestic. Our body shop services include collision repair, insurance claims, auto body work, custom paint, body kit installation, muscle car and car restorations. Check out our gallery and read our reviews.
West Coast Body and Paint has been family-owned and has been one of the best in the business since 2007. We have worked with all car insurance companies and when you bring your car to us, we treat it as if it were our very own vehicle. We guarantee our work and keep you in the loop with the repairs.
Call or text me 818.793.7728 to get a free estimate or schedule an appointment. You can always follow us on social media @westcoastbodyandpaint #wcbpshop.
-Jaider A. West Coast Body and Paint, Owner
***REQUEST A FREE QUOTE***