Auto Body And Paint Assistant
The assistant helps the auto body man, the paint technician, and the prepper to restore damaged vehicles to their original structural integrity, function, and appearance. Assists with estimates, vehicle preparation, shop organization, restocking, quality control, and refinish.
The assistant prepares automotive body panels for refinish coat application, assuring all sand scratches and visible imperfections are removed or repaired prior to application of refinish topcoats. Assists vehicle disassembly, priming, preparation for paint, re-assembly, and finish.
Auto Body and Paint Assistant Responsibilities
- Keeps and maintains work areas clean and organized.
- Assists in vehicle disassembly.
- Applies primer to surface on which vehicle will be painted.
- Sand blocks primed surface.
- Clean and masks vehicle in preparation for paint.
- Cleans, buffs, and polishes repaired vehicles inside and out.
- Responsible for final quality control prior to delivering vehicle back to customer.
- Inspect all repaired and primed panels for proper and complete body repairs and primer application.
- Review any incomplete, missed damage, or improper repairs with owner before proceeding.
- Follows all safety and health procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by owner.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- the methods, materials, tools, and practices used in the area of specialization.
- the hazards and safety procedures applicable to work in the area of specialization.
- use and maintain tools and repair equipment.
- learn to perform tasks related to the area of specialization.
- understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Employees follow instructions in assisting in automotive body repair and paint activities. Work is performed under the supervision of the owner.